Just when the whirlwind that is a wedding – and especially an Indian wedding – dies down, it’s mandatory for you and your bae to jet-set to a destination where you don’t just get a chance to unwind, but also spend some quality time with each other as Mr. & Mrs. Before you step into a world of change and responsibilities, use this opportunity to explore a place that has been on your bucket list since forever, with the addition of romance and the beginning of a brand new chapter in your life. But if you’d rather not fly overseas and stay in our country (which has a LOT to offer by the way), here are some of the best places in India for honeymoon!
Known to be one of India’s best places to holiday, Goa’s beauty is not just limited to its standout nightlife. While one part of the state, North Goa, has the best party scene and the most chill shacks, the other, which is South Goa, is best appreciated for its gorgeous landscapes and stunning beaches. Also, check what to wear in Goa.
Here’s what you can do while you’re in Goa:
- If you’re the kind of couple who loves to have a good time and dance all night, then the north will present wonderful opportunities for you!
- Act like teenagers at a sought-after club like Love Passion Karma.
- Dance by the beach at one of the shacks, with a cold beer in your hand.
- You can hit the South side if all you want is some peaceful, alone time and secluded beaches that look absolutely surreal during sunsets.
- Book yourself a stay at one of the more high-end properties, as some of them even have private beaches.
You and your bae underneath clear blue skies without a care in the world – doesn’t this sound like a dream come true? Andaman & Nicobar Islands, one of the best places in India for honeymoon, hold the key to the most swoon-worthy honeymoon. Known for the striking palm-lined, white-sand beaches, the mangroves and the tropical rainforests, this union territory is a sea lover’s paradise.
Here’s what you can do while you’re in Andaman:
- If you’ve always been curious about what lies underneath the calm blue sea, consider giving scuba diving a go! You don’t have to be a professional swimmer to try it out, and it’ll be an experience that lasts a lifetime. If you’re feeling all the more adventurous, get certified for scuba by a renowned academy on the islands. It doesn’t take too many days, and they’ll guide you fantastically – if you stay dedicated.
- The best part about visiting Andaman & Nicobar islands is island hopping! You just can’t resist the stunning views and varied landscapes of each mini island, and rest assured, you’ll fall in love with all of them.
- Island trekking – regardless of how uncommon it sounds – is actually a thing and is quite popular here! Filled with stunning flora and fauna, the rugged trail is an adventure-seeker’s paradise. Take your beau along on this picturesque and thrilling journey!
Lush greens and a calming ambience on your mind? Munnar in Kerala is among the best places in India for honeymoon. It stands as the perfect romantic destination for you and your forever person! With really pleasant weather and stunning views, this hill station is oft-visited by couples looking to unwind and disconnect, and spend some time atop the scenic mountains.
Here’s what you can do while you’re in Munnar:
- Living in a treehouse may not be a once-in-a-lifetime experience, but it is sure as heck an unforgettable one! In Munnar, skip the luxe stays and opt for an Erumadam, which it is locally referred to as, for an au-naturale, romantic vacation.
- Being a tea fanatic, if you haven’t toured at least one major tea plantation, then you’re doing it all wrong! Even if you and your beau are complete opposites in this department, make sure you visit Kolukkumalai to breathe in the delectable and rejuvenating aromas of every Indian’s favourite beverage.
- People are also given the chance to taste an array of aromatic teas and buy what they like from their official retail outlet.
- Plan a visit to Eravikulam National Park, and we’re sure it’ll become a highlight of your trip. It is world renown for the endangered Nilgiri Tahr, and you might be able to spot the rare species.
Accessorize your phone with the new range of Discover New Places cases from Bewakoof. With designs ranging from basic and classy to fun, cool, and trendy, you’ll be able to choose the perfect back cover for your daily life.
Known as the Switzerland of India, Manali, which is surrounded by the snow-covered Himalayas, is one of the very popular honeymoon destinations in India. While you’re relaxing in the jacuzzi at your chosen resort, enjoy the white paradise that surrounds you at this one among best places in India for honeymoon.
Here’s what you can do in Manali:
- Make your way to Rohtang Pass with your partner for the amazing views of the snowy Himalayas on your way. Enjoy skiing and scooter riding with your favourite person when you reach the snow point.
- Visit the Naggar castle for a dose of old-world charm and romance, stellar architecture, and mesmerizing paintings.
- Seeking quietness and tranquility? Then spend a night at a stay in Kothi, a village near Manali, where you get the view minus the hustle and bustle.
Famous not just for honeymoons but also for mini-moons, Ooty is a bucket-list destination for most Indians. This resort town as it is rightly known, and also one of the best places in India for honeymoon will pleasantly surprise you with its striking landscapes and scenic roads. It’s one of the most sought-after places for honeymoon-goers. Situated amid the Nilgiri Hills, it makes a memorable escape from the ordinary.
Here’s what you can do in Ooty:
- This place houses beautiful rose gardens, tiny and cozy cottages, botanical gardens, lakes and so many more things.
- Visiting the Dolphin’s Nose, a picturesque viewpoint and popular tourist spot, is an absolutely ecstatic experience because of the hairpin bends, gorgeous tea plantations and Catherine Falls. It is situated 1550 meters above sea level and is a not-to-miss.
- Head to Pykara which is a village known for the Pykara Waterfall and Pykara lake. Enjoy a speedboat ride at the lake, or take a walk, hand-in-hand, amid the glorious pine trees.
- Soothe your soul and appease your eyes by visiting the Emerald Lake that is quite literally PARADISE! Be one with nature and your significant other at a place that you’ll never forget.
On singles’ bucket list as well as couples’, Coorg is a breathtaking hill station in Karnataka, and is among the best places in India for honeymoon. From luxurious stays to quaint cottages, Coorg has something to offer for every type of couple. The hill station brings in an unforgettable touch to your honeymoon, making it relaxed as well as happening.
Here’s what you can do in Coorg:
- Book your stay at a resort that is lined with pretty cottages and has daily activities planned to amplify your experience. This will be a great way to spend some alone time with your significant other but also meet fellow honeymooners.
- Play with elephants and even bathe them as it is one of most fun and playful things to do in Coorg! Sure, you and your beau may get your hands dirty in the process, but it gives you the chance to act like children again, away from the prying eyes of opinionated relatives.
- Go coffee bean picking! Yes, tea plantations are all very breathtaking but a coffee plantation tour is just as surreal. The delicious aromas wafting through the air will be remembered and relished – we promise.
Wondering which is the most romantic place in India? The British refer to Udaipur as the most romantic spot on the Indian continent – and we have to be in agreement. The city is steeped in age-old heritage and is known for its royals. With palaces standing tall and stunning blue lakes offering a whirlwind experience to newlyweds, it is easily the best place to go to if you want something right out of a page in a fairytale.
Here’s what you can do in Udaipur:
- Say goodbye to hump day blues by hopping on the back of a camel and letting it ride you through the desert. You can do this alone while your beau takes stunning photos of you, or with your SO.
- The Mewar Sound and Light Show attracts hundreds of visitors to this magical land! Don’t miss it, as it is equal parts romantic and fun.
- Hit pause on the going out bit to sit down in silence and enjoy the sunset with your forever person!
- Even though you have your whole life ahead of you to share deep conversations, it is a different experience altogether when done at a lake, in a boat. Luckily, this city has the most stunning boat rides for love birds looking for the best places in India for honeymoon!
The North East, undoubtedly answers the question of which is the best trip for honeymoon. Everything right from the culture to the people is so distinct, you’ll probably never want to leave. It’s a different thing to visit Gangtok with your friends, and entirely different to go there on a honeymoon. This stunning capital of Sikkim has been on our radar for quite a long, so take the cue and visit it for your post-nuptials vacay.
Here’s what you can do in Gangtok:
- Take a thrilling ropeway ride from Deorali to Tashiling. It presents a bird’s eye view of Gangtok and is a not-to-miss when you visit here.
- Craving a close view of the sunset? Visit the Tashi viewpoint and enjoy the stunning hues of the sky when it’s ready to retire for the day. The snow-capped mountains will make this one of the most memorable views of your life!
- Have you even honeymooned in Gangtok if you didn’t visit the Seven Sisters waterfall? Surrounded by dense forests on all sides, this is one of nature’s most beautiful places.
Known as the Venice of the East, Kerala, one of the best places in India for honeymoon is a gorgeous year-round destination for couples both Indian and foreign. Although we’ve covered Munnar as a separate destination altogether, Kerala deserves a spot of its own.
Here’s what you can do in Kerala:
- Indulge in activities like houseboating, or romance cruising in any of the backwaters, but especially in Alleppey.
- Exploring the canals, lakes and rivers alone with not a soul in sight gives newlyweds the most experience.
- Rejuvenate and be one with your roots with an Ayurvedic treatment. Performed by experienced experts, this will put you at ease instantly!
- Culture fanatics can take a traditional village tour and enjoy some local cuisines as well.
Darjeeling is easily one of the best hill stations in India and if you’re wondering which is the best location for honeymoon in India, then this is it. The stunning tea gardens adorning the slopes of rolling hills, orchids, pines & rhododendrons, and also the cute Himalayan toy train are all just a few reasons to plan your getaway here!
Here’s what you can do in Darjeeling:
- Wake up before dawn and watch the sunrise at Tiger Hill! Sunsets are all very nice – but witnessing the first ray of light for the day is something else.
- For adventure-seeking lovebirds, a trek to Sandakphu is a must. The highest point in West Bengal, reaching there is an experience that will stay with you for a lifetime.
- History enthusiasts can visit the monastery to take a look at age-old scriptures and for some much-needed peace.
- Add a dose of thrill to your honeymoon by going river rafting! Perfectly safe and just as exhilarating, this is one of the most popular things to do while in Darjeeling.
Head to these best places in India for honeymoon to stir up romance and spend quality time with your husband or wife.
And if you’re wondering what to wear for honeymoon, look no further than your favorite online shopping app. Indulge in some couples’ retain therapy by giving in to couple t-shirts. If you need more ideas, find them in our honeymoon dress for couples guide.