Clear blue skies above and clear blue waters below – Maldives has something magical in it that makes everyone want to visit the island. Most couples today have Maldives on their list of ‘honeymoon’ destinations but we’re here to remind you that this country has so much more to offer! Let’s check out what to wear in Maldives.
Whether you’re a couple or a set of friends, Maldives can be the perfect destination for all sorts of occasions. Want to celebrate your wedding? Go to Maldives. Want to celebrate friendship? Go to Maldives. Need to unwind? Go to Maldives. Want to explore? Go to Maldives. The best time to visit is between November and April.
Now that you have all the reasons to visit this beautiful place, let’s take a look at all the beautiful outfits you can adorn at this beautiful location. Of course you’ll be thinking what type of clothes should you wear in Maldives, is there a dress code in the Maldives or maybe what is not allowed in Maldives.
This article is going to answer all these questions and give you some great ideas about what to wear in Maldives and some picture inspirations as well!
Breakfast, lunch, relaxation, dinner, there’s a special dress for Maldives, at all these times. But before we move on to Maldives outfit ideas, please make a note of these important things:
- If you’re thinking about which dresses to wear in Maldives, remember the thumb rule is to wear relaxed clothing.
- One thing that you may restrict yourself from is nudity. Females going topless is an absolute no. Be modest and dress decently to avoid any awkward situations.
- Whenever you sit to plan your Maldives dress ideas, remember that the temperature doesn’t drop at night. So choosing clothes in natural, breathable fabrics such as silk, linen or cotton would be recommended.
- It gets really hot during the day, so do not forget your sunscreen at any cost! But if you do, you can always pick one from there.
Now, let’s get to the main part. The dress for Maldives. First, let’s begin with what you can wear for your flight. While you can wear summer clothes once you reach your destination, for the flight, choose a comfortable pair of jeans, tshirt and team it up with your favorite sneakers. Glam it up with a pair of sunglasses and a scarf to give you company in case it gets too cold in the airplane.
Let’s Dive into what to wear in Maldives –
What can you wear in resort
Maldives is mostly made up of resorts of all kinds. Small, big, luxurious… So, when you think about which dress for Maldives, you must look at something comfortable. You’ll find many women wearing maxi dresses and kaftans. Of course, you can wear shorts and mini skirts, etc but the former are the sort of outfits you’ll find most people wearing around.
And, if you’re going on your honeymoon, we’d suggest that you look at some beautiful designer outfits and kaftans to amp up your look. Some vibrant colors and beautiful, comfortable fabrics.
You know, to think about it, anything that has frills, is a jumpsuit, swimsuit or cape is perfect for the Maldives. Day or night, keep in mind to look chic and elegant in whatever you choose to take along with you.
If you’re on your honeymoon, pick cute and racy outfits to have fun! Pro-tip: Carry lacy, white outfits for the oomph factor.
What’s the Maldives dressing style for men?
There’s no particular dress code for men. But many restaurants would not allow sleeveless shirts. So, what we’d suggest is to team your shorts with some classic shirts. Mix and match colours and keep it stylish.
For an elite look, opt for smart casuals. When you dress for Maldives, remember to keep it cool. Leave your blazers at home.
What to wear on local islands?
Many might not know but Maldives is actually a Muslim country. So, if you have a local island visit in your itinerary or plan to stay on a local island, it is advised to wear conservative clothing. Skirts for women or women shorts are a big no-no. There are some mosques and religious sites there. And if you plan to visit one of these, it is important to wear something that covers your knees and shoulders. Women, in particular, need to cover their heads too, so don’t forget to carry a scarf along.
You can always carry overalls or kimonos to be comfortable and get around the local island. Apart from the dress for Maldives, remember to carry sturdy shoes as you’ll be getting in and out of boats and walking around on dusty roads.
What to wear to get into water?
Maldives is a lot about water and being in water and doing things in the water. So, it’s safe to say that you must carry a swimwear that is comfortable. If you’re not living in a place that is overwater, it is recommended that you carry reef shoes as well.
During the day, you’ll mostly be lounging at the beach, so it’s going to be a lot of barefoot walking. But at night, you can dress up and head out for a nice dinner adorned in pretty attires. There are various dresses to wear in Maldives, but it’s important to pick something comfortable.
Here are some tips for men
- Pick outfits in the neutral colour scheme and maybe one or two brighter shades if you like. But keep in mind that your clothes are coordinated so you can mix and match!
- If you’re thinking, ‘What should I wear to dinner in Maldives?’, choose smart casuals. Pair your shorts with a full-sleeved shirt. Roll up your sleeves for a breezy look and effortless style. But if you’re heading to a club or bar, you could experiment with prints.
- You can pack some polo tshirts and linen pants for a cool look.
Tips for Maldives outfits for women
Pack accessories and jewelry that will instantly transform your outfit.
- The temperature is usually around 30° all year round. May, June, July, August, September, and October witness monsoon in Maldives.
- The best months to visit the Maldives is August and September
- November, December, January, February, March and April are the driest period and these months attract European visitors.
A Word of Advice
On the island you may find just one small shop for your basis. So remember to pack all your essentials.
So many dress for Maldives, but look for comfort and style. You can take inspiration from what to wear in Goa and use an elevated sense of style for Maldives. Maldives outfit ideas can be tricky but check out this online store to help with your shopping. It happens to be the best Fashion Shopping App. From women dresses and women boyfriend tshirts and more, this site has it all!