The end of 2020 – a year full of plot twists – is upon us, and let’s just say that we couldn’t be happier! As much as we hate it when it’s time to turn a new leaf, we can’t wait to leave this year behind and kick off a new one! Yes, festivities just haven’t been the same this time around, and we don’t see that going away for a while now. Even the holiday season is mostly being spent indoors. In fact, we haven’t been confronted with the dreadful question of “What are your New Year’s plans? And “Have you decided on your New Year Party Dress?” yet, and we’d be lying if we said we aren’t relieved.
Still, whether you’re a party freak or not, you ought to put an end to this nerve-wracking year with a grand goodbye, even if you’re staying home. There are two ways to do it, and no, you can’t choose one over the other! First, deck the halls with some sparkly decorations and your windows with Christmas lights. Second, pick a glamorous outfit to don! While the former is best done with Pinterest references, we’re here to aid you with the latter. Nothing says ‘New Year’s Eve’ quite like a head-turning New Year Party Dress, and we can all agree to this! So, we have some ideas about the kind of dresses you can slip into on the night of 31st December. Be sure to take notes!
1) Light Up The Night In A Sequin Dress!
The party season is most definitely incomplete without sequins! Usually, we look to our jewellery boxes to achieve a party-perfect look but when it comes to sequins – you don’t need anything else. These dazzling disks were THE thing to sport in the roaring 20s, and they still are. Sequins aren’t just rage but have been synonymous with the ultimate New Year Party Dress code for as long as we can remember. One thing we love about sequins is how they make our outfits go from drab to glam in a matter of seconds.
- Glam leisure is a thing and everyone’s doing it! Stay comfy yet dazzle-up in a relaxed sequin dress, paired with trendy white sneakers. Choose a bright and poppy color.
- If you’re going by ‘too glam to give a damn’, there is nothing better than a sequin + blazer dress, either layered with a blazer or half & half. Okay, there’s one thing better. This outfit in RED! Finish with a pair of stilettos and you’ll be good to go.
- How to dress up the maximalist way? A little birdy told us that there is no such thing as too much sparkle, and we have reason to agree. Pick a silver or gold sequin midi dress to add a glamorous touch to your night! Wear this with oversized hoops and pointed-toe shoes.
2) Slinky Satin Slip Dress For The Win!
We’ve said this before and we’re saying it again; slip dresses are as sensual as it gets! If you’re planning a date night with your S/O that also consists of dancing, then a sexy New Year Party Dress is what you need. How else are you going to show off your moves in voluminous pieces?
- ‘Beautiful in black’ is not just a saying, but a mantra. Applied to a slip dress, it’s a winner. Take your style game to a whole new level with a black slip dress and nude colored strappy heels.
- Red is really not for the fainthearted! It’s a risk-taking color and instantly puts the spotlight on you. If that’s what you wanna do, there’s no stopping you from winning your dream guy’s heart. Here’s how to look stylish in it: let your hair down and slip into strappy heels.
- There’s only one thing sexier than a satin slip dress – and that is a satin slip dress with a slit! Go ahead and pair it with block heels and minimal jewellery.
3) Bare It All In An Off-Shoulder Dress!
Whoever thought that the off-shoulder trend wasn’t here to stay was clearly wrong! When it hit the runways a few years back, women couldn’t stop wearing it! That hasn’t changed even now. If you’re not living in a cold climate area, you should definitely consider an off-shoulder dress for NYE!
- Don’t downplay OR overdo it! With a cute black off-shoulder New Year Party Dress, you’re sure to grab attention but not too much to ruin your night. Accessorize it with chunky hoops and black booties.
- Make it a night to remember! Pick a day color for the evening, like white. Then, do your makeup in nude tones, with your features delicately enhanced and a plump lip! Curl your hair a little and voila!
- You don’t really need a man to give you roses! You can give them to yourself in the form of a dress, or really, any type of flower works. An embellished, edgy yet playful off-shoulder dress will be your best friend on NYE. Don’t forget to do a smokey eye for this one!
4) Stir Up Some Fun In A Ruffled Dress!
It’s pretty evident that ruffles are having a moment right now. These retro favorites are a modern favorite too, and we’re a part of the club. In fact, we think we might even dig for ruffled outfit ideas for women for the party season, and you should do. Be aware of the fact that they tend to add a little volume to your outfit, so if that’s not what you’re aiming for, then you can give them a pass. Party all night in a ruffled dress that is as playful as it is stylish!.
- Combine polka dots with ruffles and you’ve got yourself the quintessential 70s uniform. Make it fun, flirty and feminine with a delicate palette and fabrics like tulle, organza or georgette. Keep your makeup neutral and don’t forget to add jewellery to the mix.
- If you want to keep it simple, nothing like an asymmetrical New Year Party Dress with a ruffled hem in an earthy tone. To finish the look, slip into a pair of tie-up sandals.
- Heading to a luxurious club or pub for NYE? Make sure you look like a million bucks! Red is a super fine color to don, and with muted ruffled detailing, you can never go wrong. Finish with dangler earrings & a sleek hairdo.
5) Stand Tall In A Bold Printed Dress!
Prints make us really, really happy – no matter what they are! From pretty florals to structured stripes, abstract stunners to quirky masterpieces; prints are what 50% of our wardrobes are made of. But, they’re often confused and considered to be the daytime essentials, whereas they’re just as stunning and apt for the after hours.
- When has leopard print EVER disappointed? Hot and feisty, the leopard printed New Year Party Dress is for the women who command attention the minute they walk in. Pick one for your NYE party, and pair it with a statement neckpiece along with sleek high heels.
- If you don’t relate to ‘bold’, maybe ‘feminine’ is more your thing. Get into a flower print wrap dress and keep the jewellery minimal but effective.
- Life of the party? Dress like it, too! Get your hands on a pleated dress from online shopping apps, one with oversized prints that are color-splashed to perfection! We’d also love it if this came with some shimmer.
6) Turns Heads In A Little Black Dress!
Karl Lagerfeld once said, “One is never over-dressed or underdressed with a Little Black Dress.” None of us have any reason to not agree with the legend himself! An LBD is to a woman what a tuxedo is to a man; sophisticated, classic, and statement-making. It’s one of the first things that come to mind when ‘classy dressing’ is the subject, and Audrey Hepburn’s iconic LBD is proof of how it can take you places! So wherever the party may be, a Little Black Dress will be your best bet.
- Pave the way to a night filled with several glasses of wine and endless cheer in a one-shoulder black New Year Party Dress. We love ours with spaghetti straps and a slit!
- Ruffle some feathers in an LBD with feather detailing! No matter the silhouette, this one is sure to stir up some drama. Finish with transparent heels.
- Channel major Devil Wears Prada vibes by carefully pairing a relaxed and cozy LBD with stockings, a pair of boots and a ferret!
7) Flaunt Your Curves In A Bodycon Dress!
No matter the shape of your body, there’s no stopping you from absolutely killing it with a bodycon dress this NYE. If you’ve got those curves, you best believe that you need to flaunt them endlessly. Do it like Kim K and even your haters will stop and stare in awe. Groove away in a New Year Party Dress that basically feels like a hug.
- The one-shoulder stunner is in the limelight again, this time, with a bolder look. If you can get your hands on a bodycon dress with a slit AND ruffles, nothing like it. Pair it with strappy heels and a dazzling necklace.
- Remember how we told you to do it the Kardashians way? Here’s how: don a bodycon in a nude shade, wear no jewellery or accessories and do a makeup look that highlights your best facial features. The trick is to make it bold but effortlessly.
- An edgier way to don the bodycon will be to choose one in black and then wear it with high heeled boots, along with a statement bag.
8) Metallic Dress To Shine Brighter!
What’s timeless, fun, and screams ‘party’? If you guessed a metallic outfit, you're 100% correct. Revived from the 80s, like most of the trends lately, the metallic palette is a maximalist’s approach to fashion and style! Don’t like exaggeration? We say, skip this one and move on to our next idea. But if you’re a bit Lady Gaga-ish, then you’ll love this.
- Metallic dresses are every bit ethereal! To level-up, your party dressing game, slip into a maxi dress in a metallic hue. Accessorize either with chunky chains or layered ones, and heels are mandatory!
- We’re never ones to shy away from shine! That’s why, we love a good ol’ pleated metallic dress to show up to the party, hand in hand with our favorite arm candy.
- Mix street style with futuristic; don a metallic New Year Party Dress that is foil-like and looks like it’s right out of the sci-fi movies. Pair it with a fanny pack worn across your body and quirky sneakers!
9) Sheer Dress To Stun Them All!
We’re not aiming at the Naked Dress that Rihanna wore to the MET Gala. Although, we’d love the guts to pull that off as a part of our New Year wishlist! We’re inching more towards a dress made out of sheer fabrics, layered over a lining or other clothing pieces for the NYE party.
- Goth-meets-street in a sheer maxi, worn over a short slip dress of the same color (i.e.: black). Just carry a smart-ish handbag and embellished heels for maximum effect.
- Polka dots over a semi-sheer dress and boots? Say no more!
- Bring out your inner bohemian with a sheer maxi dress that has playful details, and add a choker + bralette to the mix.
10) Have Fun In A Fringe Dress
Just like every other trend, fringes too moved from the runway to the street – and now they’ve moved to our party closet! They’re everywhere; from your bags to your hems. It’s time to make them your plus ones for that NYE party. Here’s how!
- Metallic, fringe and slip; a killer combination! Put together with a shiny pair of earrings and studded heels, you’ll be the certified diva of your group.
- The best way to ‘fringe’ is to make it as fun as possible, the starting point of which is adding some color. You can do this by getting a dress with a lot of hues or accessorizing by color-blocking.
- While we’re still on the topic of color, might we suggest a peppy hued New Year Party Dress paired with mellow accessories? Perhaps a pink fringe dress with white shoes and a sling?
We hope 2021 compensates for all the dresses we couldn’t wear this year! And if it doesn’t, then we hope we can find a way to flaunt each one of them all while staying safe and indoors.