With the fast fashion trends that are ever-changing in the fashion industry, it becomes difficult for us ladies to pace up and follow every trend over the internet. Meanwhile, with the hustle in keeping up with trends, we compromise on the comfort and don in clothes that are either too tight or itchy for our skin. And as a result, we end up feeling uncomfortable and cranky. But lately, women have been quite vocal about their choices and a drastic shift is visible from fast fashion to comfort clothing and we are really happy to see that!
Joggers are one such clothing item that have received a lot of attention over the years from the fashionistas and other ladies (and why not! they are worth all the love). Known for its athleisure and loungewear appeal, joggers and sweatpants have usually been our pick for relaxed and laid back days. But no more! With the new normal being a forever thing now – joggers, pyjamas and sweatpants have made their way back to the top of our closets. With work from home being all over the place, the trendiest dresses, low cut tops and denims have taken a back seat while the joggers and sweatpants are making their worldwide comeback, quite literally! A perfect balance of comfort and style, joggers are going all rage over the internet.
Keeping this new rage and interest in joggers in mind Status Quo is one brand that has introduced all-weather joggers in solid colours.
From A listed Celebrities to fashion aficionados and IG influencers, we see each one setting outfit goals for us in comfy joggers and solid t-shirts. Joggers bring out the best of both worlds by being cozy, comfortable and stylish at the same time. We know what you are thinking: Joggers and stylish? Well to that we say it’s definitely a yay! And in this piece we will show you how to go about it. In fact with a few inspiration and style tips, you would want to spend your entire life in joggers.
But before we get started let’s take a look at the easy and quick tips from the fashionistas to swear by while choosing the jogger outfits for women.
- The Fit: Opting for sweatpants or joggers that fit perfectly is a thumb rule. Joggers are comfy and cool but going for oversized baggy joggers is a complete no-no when you plan to sport a chic look. Purchase joggers that are well fitted from top to bottom and don’t look baggy or ill-fitted. Slim fit joggers are your life saviors here.
- The Fabric: The key important factor about any clothing piece is the fabric. Cotton being known for its soothing and soft texture over the skin is among the most preferred fabrics for joggers. You can even try out the hybrid cotton or the blended poly-cotton fabrics, depending on your taste. Nylon and polyester joggers are also seen making rounds in many celebrity OOTD’s but the fabric choice is completely on you.
- The Footwear: Stepping out in joggers outside the four walls of your bedroom is an altogether bold move and you surely don’t wanna regret it at any cost. So being mindful about the footwear is really important. Flip-flops and floaters are something you should be avoiding no matter how comfortable you feel in them (Because one risk at a time!). You can surely flaunt some heels, ankle boots and sneakers with your classy joggers outfits.
- Accessories: Accessories play a major role in amping up any dull or boring outfit into something classy and bold. Be it a simple chain choker or drop earrings, choosing the right accessories is essential. Envision your entire outfit first and then choose accessories that complement your look.
We all love owning versatile pieces that can be dressed up or down in multiple ways and joggers are one of them. Here we are going to share a few joggers outfits for various occasions and tricks to slay each one of them.
The No-fuss – Casual Joggers Look
With a wide variety of joggers available online, choosing the one that is comfy, stylish, and looks elevated is a task. But once you find the right joggers that fit the bill, you are already a little closer to achieving the casually chic look.
- If your day looks casual and easy-going, opt for basic black jogger outfits and pair them with minimal accessories for a neat look.
- Pick the black or grey joggers and pair them with printed or plain tank tops and tie your hair in a sleek ponytail while heading out for a quick run or a stroll in the park.
- Pair solid grey joggers with a round or v- neck half sleeve solid black or white t-shirt and sliders for a casually chic look. You can add a baseball cap and sling bag while heading out for a quick coffee with the girls.
- For more style inspirations check out this video: https://youtu.be/
The Work Look
Agree or not, each one of us has witnessed the Monday blues and the “ I don’t know what to wear days’. Besides dressing up for work is an arduous task and involves a lot of drama, but what if we said that you can wear joggers to work? ( No! we are not kidding). Here are some tricks of wearing joggers to work instead of boring trousers and feeling comfortable all day long.
- Team a solid v neck white t-shirt tucked in with basic black or beige joggers and layer it with a long line blazer, a delicate chain necklace and black stilettos for a meeting ready look.
- Ditch those boring trousers and basic black and blue blazers and pair a striped jogger with a solid tee tucked in and a contrast printed overcoat for a NYFW kinda look.
- Carry tote bags or satchels and keep the accessories minimal while heading out for client meetings.
Elevate the look by pairing it with nude or black pumps for a business-chic look.
The Celeb-Inspired Look
From Kendal, Kylie, Gigi Hadid and the famous singer Badgirl Riri – celebs have been spotted hitting the streets in stylish and playful printed joggers without shying out in choosing comfy joggers over fancy LBD’s. Following are some look you would wanna recreate –
- Pair side striped well-fitted joggers or sweatpants with longline t-shirts, bold accessories and sneakers for a grungy street-style look. Add more funk to your outfit by adding gold chains, oversized sunglasses and a bandana.
- If you are not well versed with the color combinations, co-ord sets are here for your rescue. Don a cropped hoodie with slim fit joggers, sneakers and oversized hoops for a jaw-dropping look.
- Flaunt your bold side by opting this celebrity approved look- wear a full tie-dye co-ord jogger set or a floral print set with minimal makeup and subtle accessories to slay the sweatpants outfits outside the bedroom.
The Ramp Ready Look
Will you believe us if we say you can wear joggers to a fashion show? Most of you won’t! But honestly, joggers have set the bar really higher than expected. If you are ready to flaunt a bold, edgy look – polyester or nylon joggers are your go-to essentials.
- If you got the guts to stand out of the crowd – opt for metallic jogger pants and team them with a graphic printed t-shirt, ankle boots, and bold eyeshadows for a killer look.
- Be a little extra by donning a grey jogger outfit to an award night with a cropped t-shirt and a bright-hued overcoat with chunky chains and thigh-high boots.
- Love everything gold and glitter? Pick a sequin singlet top and pair it with black metallic side stripe joggers/ sweatpants and a leather jacket for a concert ready look.
- Add vintage eyewear to add extra glam to the outfit.
The Airport Look
“The Airport Look ” being a buzz of the town, we often come across celebrity pictures and the uncanny critics spilling out their fashion expertise over a particular look. Well with this, celebs have been extra cautious about their outfit while making an appearance at the airports. But a few celebs turned a blind eye to the flash-flash at the airports and were spotted in pyjamas and sweatpants.
With the endless to and fro flights, celebrities like Selena Gomez and Rihanna have been often spotted in the most unpredictable avatars at the airport. Here are a few tips to nail the airport look just like them:
- Ace your airport look by wearing any solid-colored sweatpants or joggers and team it with a crop top or turtle neck top and layer it with denim jackets or cardigans.
- Opt for runners or espadrilles and a cute bucket bag or a waist pouch to make a head-turning appearance.
- Keep the accessories minimalistic and the hair tied in a bun or a ponytail, to highlight the overall look.
- During a long flight, you can hop into a sweatsuit or a onesie and team it with fly sneakers for a travel-ready look. And do not worry about the naysayers, coz we got this look approved by Rihanna.
These were just a few jogger outfit ideas, you can surely explore infinite ways to style them depending upon the occasion. Go from a relaxed to edgy look in joggers just by following the above mentioned quick tips.
We hope this has been a good read for you and you added some expert tips to your book. As now you know how to buy joggers and style them, we would recommend you to check out a few joggers for men and women on Bewakoof.com – a homegrown brand since 2012. If you ever find yourself in a dilemma regarding your outfit choices, feel free to count on us. We promise to bring only the best to you. Hope you enjoyed this read.
Stay tuned for more