If there’s one thing we can count on to have our backs through all those “I have nothing to wear” moments, it’s a pair of jeans! Classic yet relevant, jeans have been the answer to all of our wardrobe woes for as long as we can remember. They’re easily styled with separates right out of our closets, and showcase maximum versatility! Besides, there are several places where you can flaunt the same pair of jeans with various pairings, maybe with jackets for women or an array of accessories, but that’s not a good enough reason to not own one of each existing type, of course, aligned with your body type.
Since skinny jeans season is over, it’s now time to stay relaxed and give in to effortless pieces. There’s nothing better than a bf jeans outfit to take you through summer looking stylish and staying at the top of the trends! To point you in the right direction though, we’ve put together some of the most trusted styling ideas for everything on your social calendar.
What are boyfriend jeans for women?
Ditch your boyfriend’s hoodies (or not) for a pair of jeans that derive inspiration from the masculine favorite, made just for women! Cuffed, loose and yet not anti-fit, these denims are the perfect pick for the city gals who wish to mix comfort with style in all the right ways.
They’re also a classic, just like any other pair in your closet! We’d be surprised if you told us that you haven’t seen more than one bf jeans outfit on your social media feeds, whether they were featured on Entertainment news handles flaunted by models and celebs, or seen on your favorite influencers. Their popularity is not difficult to notice, and it’s easy to familiarise yourself with how to style boyfriend jeans even if you're not one to stay updated with changing fashion trends.
Industry insiders label them as the ‘it’ pair of jeans to own, and with good reason. Besides their all-rounder attributes, boyfriend jeans also help you strike the right balance between ‘street’ and ‘runway’ based on what you pair them with. They can be distinguished by their slouchy fit at the crotch and the thighs too, and very less tapering at the bottom.
If you’re aiming for an androgynous yet feminine look, then these are the jeans you should be slipping into this summer and everyone after it. Now, let’s explore what to wear with boyfriend jeans! You’re definitely going to want to take notes and keep them handy.
1) Drunch In A Bf Jeans Outfit!
Sunday drunches, also brunches, just like boyfriend jeans, have become the norm. Both of these are trans-seasonal, and they’re popular among the youth! They demand being comfy yet dressed-up, and since they’re in the daytime, the colors, pairings, everything needs to be kept in mind!
Usually, they’re held by famous bars or pubs with bottomless drinks, but a lot of women also host them at home.With unlimited food and a happy buzz, a great time is guaranteed! To make your day even better and more memorable, it’s essential to ace your #OOTD.
Here are some bf jeans outfit ideas for your drunch commitments.
- Nude, pointed-toe heels go with most things. So, for drunch, consider putting a look together comprising boyfriend denims, full-sleeved t-shirts for women tucked in perfectly, an arm candy and quirky sunnies!
- Heading to a more casual setting? You’re going to want to wear something laid back yet photo op-ready. A layered necklace and black high neck top paired with boyfriend jeans are sure to look stellar. Finish with loafers in a neutral palette, and don’t forget the tote!
- For a street meets runway-ready appeal, don boyfriend jeans with a crop top that has a sweetheart neckline. Make it as sexy yet subtle as you can! Team this #OOTD with white sneakers for a great finishing touch!
- Want in on another extremely easy look? It consists of a basic tee tucked into your boyfriend jeans, and heels in any color. Pair with a sling bag and a statement watch!
- A cute-comfy look with boyfriend jeans entails a tube top and distressed pants, along with the comfiest yet most statement-making sneakers. Give this combination a shot or update it in your own unique way.
2) Keeping It Casual
We’ve all been on the receiving end of a random phone call from a friend asking to meet as soon as possible, or given in to last minute plans that include nothing more than coffee and the latest gossip.
Times like these are when we slip into a pair of pyjamas or take our lounge pants out for a walk with us, totally unbothered about the styling bit! Soon after, this turns into a memory stored forever in the form of a photograph that your friends refuse to delete.
All of this is easily avoided with two things – a bf jeans outfit and the willingness to don it the way it deserves! We’re not asking you to go the extra mile and put in the last bit of your effort into styling these for a casual hangout, because that would most definitely defeat the purpose of the word ‘casual’ in this line! What we’re asking you to do is be smart with your separates, and wear them in a way that looks tedious but isn't at all.
- Any outfit becomes a hundred times better the minute you add a shirt to it, so that’s what we’re gonna do. Layer it over a cami and finish with chunky white sneakers, along with a pair of boyfriend jeans. If you don’t want to go with a shirt, hoodies for women are a great alternative.
- Pastel sweatshirts are in right now, among everything else in the palette. Don one with a pair of boyfriend jeans, but make sure to get the shades right. They need to go in harmony. Then, you can either choose sneakers or thong sandals, along with a crossbody bag for finishing touches
A sports bra or a bralette can be easily paired with a ripped bf jeans outfit, as long as you get the size right. A loose and tight fit contrast usually works wonders, and you can add a pair of hoops and a chain to the mix too.
- Neck scarves are our favorites! Pair one with a loose-fitting knit top and ballerinas. Let the boyfriend jeans stay in focus.
- Tank top + boyfriend jeans + flip flops + sun hat = a standout casual combination! Try it out. You can also trade the tank top with kurtis for women and ditch the hat.
3) 9-5 Style 101
While some of us are required to follow certain dress codes when it comes to office wear, others are free to enter in whatever they want as long as it's decent and presentable. This applies to the creative industry as well as startup cultures the world over.
Even co-working spaces can turn into your runway where you can showcase your impeccable style! And if you’re going to make a standout statement without really breaking any rules – then we think you should be doing it in a bf jeans outfit!
You might have a lot of questions in your head regarding this being a work-appropriate look, but hear us out! Worn with the right separates, even boyfriend jeans can be in line with your 9-5. Another added advantage is that if you have somewhere to be right after work, they allow you to make a swift transition from work to weekend. It’s definitely a win-win situation, right?
Here’s how to wear these types of jeans for girls and ace ‘em too!
- Stay cool, comfy and at the top of your style game in a basic white tee and baggy boyfriend jeans with a sleek, no-fuss hairdo, a tote bag and sneakers.
- Got a black shrug or open sweaters for women sitting at the back of your closet? Dig it out, and wear it with a basic white tee tucked into a pair of boyfriend jeans.
- If wearing a shrug to work isn't your thing, then how about a black blazer topped over a black tee? You can choose pointed-toe flats as your footwear!
- Take cues from Victoria Beckham on how to wear boyfriend jeans with boots! Pair yours with a turtleneck top and a high bun, along with an oversized purse just like her.
- Feeling adventurous? How about wearing a band tee underneath your blazer, and carrying an arm candy in a bold color like red!
4) Party Time!
No, mini skirts and short dresses are not the only things that you can wear to parties to look hot. Neither do you have to squeeze into a pair of skinny jeans to flaunt your perfect body. You can be comfortable AND party-ready in a bf jeans outfit. It’s called glam leisure, and everyone is doing it now!
Apart from wanting to stay easy on the dance floor, we think that the switch to comfort-driven styles can be blamed on the pandemic. Now more than ever, people want to give in to fuss-free clothing, as they’re so used to staying home and not having to dress up. With everything open again and our social lives returning to some level of normalcy (with all prevention protocols followed, of course) we can begin experimenting with various closet staples again, one of them being boyfriend jeans.
Let’s collectively put a stop to alternating between the same two pairs of clothing every day, and let’s put our minds together to form party outfits with boyfriend jeans as the primary focus!
- Playful, off-shoulder tops for women also look amazing with boyfriend jeans so you might want to give them a go.
- Say yes to a shimmery top paired with boyfriend jeans and perfectly manicured nails for the party!
- A glamorous front tie-up top is great for those long summer nights and also for when you’re awaiting a summer romance. Paired with black boyfriend ripped jeans or blue, the outfit will be a surefire hit.
- Sport a denim on denim look with a cute yet hot shirt tucked into your boyfriend jeans, ankle boots and the finest sling bag you can find while online shopping in India!
- Summer’s all about baring your skin, so don’t shy away from being a little extra. Slip into a form-fitting tiny crop top. Pair it with a micro bag, boyfriend denims and sneakers or boots.
5) Bf Jeans Outfit For Dreamy Dates
Whether it’s the first date or the hundredth, to keep the romance alive, putting effort into dressing up is extremely important. For one, it keeps the compliments coming and prevents your beau’s eyes from straying. Second, it makes you feel all the more confident and makes each date feel like the very first.
Remember how you would spend hours in those initial months of being with each other, just to pretty-up and look your best? You definitely don’t have to invest the same amount of time, but only when the results are at least close to what you’d achieve back then.
While a lot of options may seem easy, they’re conventional. Like that dress he likes, or the top he couldn’t stop ogling. Why not impress your better half with your amazing fashion sense by picking something out of the ordinary for lunch dates or date nights?
If you haven’t guessed yet, we’re talking about a bf jeans outfit! Wanna know how? Why don’t you read on and see for yourself!
- Blend ‘cute’ with ‘sporty’ with the help of cami tops to wear with boyfriend jeans! Tuck it in, and slip into a pair of quirky sneakers. Accessorize with lots of layered chains and oversized hoops!
- Keep it simple yet stunning in a bright-hued one shoulder top over boyfriend jeans. Stilettos in a pop color will be your best friend.
- Another way to flaunt a cami top is with high heels, boyfriend jeans and lots of accessories not just around your neck but overall! Make this one satiny, and look for a plunging neckline. You’ll find a top like this on an online shopping app.
- Let your edgiest side come out and play! Wear a boyfriend tee with boyfriend jeans, along with sharp & heeled boots and an elegant handbag.
- Let Bella Hadid guide your off-duty look in one of the cutest ever tube crop tops with jeans!
We know that our list of bf jeans outfit ideas will last you through the season, but don’t shy away from experimenting and coming up with new looks yourself! By the end of summer, your style game will have reached new heights.